*Remember to check the regs before headin’ out. Nobody wants to pay a fine. Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Fishing Resources
*Eugene, Cascades & Coast (Travel Lane County) collaborated with Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to put together this great PDF “65 Places To Go Fishing In Lane County.” It also includes information about amenities such as Picnic Areas, Camping, Fees, etc. 65 Places to Go Fishing In Lane County
*Cascade Family FlyFishers. “Cascade Family FlyFishers is a club dedicated to improving our local waterways, preserving this precious resource for future generations and most importantly we’re fly tiers, trout bums and steelheaders that love to spend time on the water learning and living the craft that is flyfishing. We’re teachers and students, mentors to youth and to each other. We’re friends and we are families!” Cascade Family FlyFishers
* The McKenzie Flyfishers. “The McKenzie Flyfishers are comprised of a group of people who share a common interest in flyfishing. The Club was conceived and organized in April of 1964 to:
1. Enjoy social contact with others interested in fly fishing
2. Encourage fly fishing as a method of angling, and
3. Protect and increase the fishery resources” McKenzie Flyfishers
*Local Trout Unlimited Chapter. “The Redsides, Trout Unlimited Chapter 678 has a long history of protecting coldwater resources in the McKenzie and Upper Willamette watersheds. We are a grass roots organization that works with other conservation partners across the region to protect our cold water resources.” TU Redsides
*Project Healing Waters. “Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc.™ is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings.” Project Healing Waters
Project Healing Waters, local chapter Facebook page: Project Healing Waters Local Chapter
*West Fly is awesome. It’s a great all-around resource, plus it has a Forum where you can chat with your fellow fishers. West Fly-Serving the Western Fly Fishing Community
*Everyone likes a good blog. These are a few of our favorites:
- Todd Hirano’s Blogspot. Dry Line Steelhead
- North Umpqua Fly Guide. http://www.northumpquaflyguide.com/
- Metalheads. http://oregonsteelhead.blogspot.com/
These are two guides we highly recommend. Not only are they fantastic guides and fishers, but they’re great guys, as well.
- Barrett Christiansen with Calypso Guide Service.
- Ethan Nickel with Ethan Nickel Outfitters. Ethan also has a really nice blog on his page.