The Redington Hydrogen & Trout Spey rod family is designed for the trout angler. A fine-tuned, medium-fast action is combined with the lightest weight components. This gives anglers incredible performance with a light in-hand feel. Skeletonized reel seats and single-foot guides help reduce weight, while the rod actions and models will match any trout fishing scenario. Three Euro-nymph models complete the range and offer refined competition or recreational performance.
These models offer trout anglers a new, highly-efficient way to cover water and two-handed anglers a way to scale their favorite pursuit to trout-sized waters.
Redington Hydrogen & Trout Spey Highlights:
- The lightest rod in its class
- Super-tuned, smooth,medium-fast action blank construction
- Single-foot guides for increased tip recovery
- Skeletonized, CNC machined, anodized aluminum reel seat
- Pinpoint accuracy delivered through improved rod tracking
- Matte finish blank for flash reduction
- Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
- Half-wells, premium gradecork handles
- Euro nymph actions feature a softer tip for easier turnover
- Fully protected cordura rod tube with dividers
- Trout Spey models feature:
- Scandi and Skagit grain ratings on rod blanks
- downlocking skeletonized reel seats for superior in-hand balance
- Zirconia stripping guide inserts to reduce guide/line freeze
- Lifetime warranty
Pondering a reel for the Hydrogen? Check out the Redington Grande which we like for it’s line capacity. Available in 3 different colors, and 5 different sizes, including a 14+. Our color suggestion: Marine. It looks awesome next to that matte black blank and black epoxied guides.