Our Flagship Saltwater Rod Series
The ECHO Prime. The ideal saltwater rod is one that will help you hit your target with the minimum number of false casts. When targeting flats fish, things happen quickly and usually in the 40 to 60 foot “kill zone.” Everything about an ECHO PRIME rod has been optimized to help you succeed in the zone.
Easy-Loading Action & Lengths for Quick Shots
Its easy-loading tip section and condensed 8’10” length set it up to cycle through the cast quicker with less effort. Modest power levels enhance feel during the cast but don’t give out on long shots. From the lightweight guides at the tip of the rod, to the multi-zone handle shape, to the no pinch point fighting butt, every inch of the rods has been engineered to help you get the fly to the target and help you when you get the grab.
Available in 2pc and 4pc
Four piece rods are available from an 8wt to 12wt. Two piece rods have the same action as their four piece cousins and are available in 8, 10, and 11 wt. models. These stealthy rods are ECHO’s most all-around capable saltwater rod they’ve ever designed.
ECHO Prime Highlights:
- Designed for casting “real world” distances in most saltwater environments
- Available in 2pc and 4pc models
- Improved accuracy and efficiency with the new Dual Zone handle
- 2pc rods feature upgraded Recoil Guides
- Warranty: Echo Lifetime Warranty
** FREE SHIPPING Direct from ECHO **
This item will be handled and shipped directly from Echo.
ECHO Rod & Reel Maintenance
ECHO recommends the following regular reel maintenance:
Wash all components with warm freshwater after each days use in saltwater. Pay extra attention to the space where the guides meet the blank and the metal parts of the reel seat. Try to keep sand and dirt out of the ferrules. Occasionally use a few drops of any reel oil or grease on the reel seat threads to keep it operating smoothly. Paraffin wax can also be used on the ferrules if needed to ensure a proper fit.
Do not use tape on your ferrules.
ECHO Action vs. Power Comparison
Action vs Power Comparison
The Action vs. Power matrix is used for comparison between ECHO rod models. Utilizing this chart, you’ll be able to choose an ECHO rod that best fits you and your personal casting stroke. The vertical axis indicates the rod’s power, while the horizontal axis indicates the rod’s action. In simple terms, two-hand rod action is derived from the top half of the rod, while power is derived from the bottom half.
Fast action rods feature softer tips than medium action rods and provide a ‘stiffer’ feel. Fast action rods excel in the hands of anglers with more aggressive casting strokes and greater stroke control. Medium action rods are ideal for anglers with more fluid casting strokes and have a larger ‘sweet spot’ for a wider range of casting strokes. Consistently throwing a tailing loop? Your rod’s action may not be a good fit to you and your casting stroke.
A rod’s power is its resistance to flexing under load. Powerful rods are ‘beefier’ through the bottom half, generate higher line speeds, and are more adept at keeping big fish pinned. Delicate rods are more presentation-oriented, protect light tippet, and are a better choice for picky fish.
Who and what is covered by ECHO’s warranty?
All ECHO rods are covered by a lifetime warranty for the original owner. Service covers all manufacturer defects, incidental damage, or anything that is keeping your ECHO rod from performing in a fish-able manner. Normal wear and tear and cosmetic issues caused by sun exposure, saltwater, or other environmental factors are not covered by the warranty. This includes damages to blanks, hardware, and cork.
All ECHO reels are covered by a one year warranty for the original owner.
International customers (including Canada), contact ECHO at firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty information.
ECHO Fly Rod Lifetime Warranty and Repair
Rajeff Sports will repair or replace damaged and defective rods for the lifetime of the original owner. THEY REQUIRE ALL RODS TO BE SENT BACK FOR WARRANTY/REPAIR SERVICE. ECHO will not send out parts or replacements as there is a chance they will not fit properly on your rod (if they are not listed on the spare tips page.) The rod must be sent back so it can be properly fitted and flex tested with the new sections.
- All repairs/replacements require a $35* repair fee. This fee is only waived in specific circumstances to be determined by ECHO’s warranty staff. Include a $35 check made out to Rajeff Sports. If you wish to pay with card, do not include a check in the shipment and ECHO will contact you for credit card info. If it is determined your repair fee should be waived, ECHO will not collect payment.
- ECHO will contact you only if they need to collect payment, or there are questions they have about your particular rod.
- Warranties/repairs are typically processed within just a few business days and shipped back to you. This can vary depending on a number of factors, and some claims may take longer. ECHO apologizes for any inconvenience.
- ECHO will not exchange your rod for a different model. You will receive back the same model you sent in.
- For discontinued rod models: if ECHO no longer has parts to fix your rod, they will replace the rod with its equivalent new model.
ECHO Fly Reel Warranty and Service Policy
Rajeff Sports will warranty all ECHO fly reels for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. This covers any failure due to faulty materials or workmanship, providing it has been given reasonable care and use. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, loss, accidental damage or damage due to misuse or continued exposure to saltwater.
For more information contact Rajeff Sports at: email@example.com