Ross Animas 4/5 Fly Reel.
The 2019 Ross Animas 4/5 Fly Reel takes the time-proven features that made the original Animas a guide favorite and incorporates new machined features that bring it into the modern era of Ross.
A fully-redesigned frame and spool are highlights of the new Animas. The spool shows off the cutting-edge manufacturing techniques Ross Reels has developed, delivering a design that is incredibly strong and visually stunning. The Animas also re-joins the family by incorporating an ultra-light canvas phenolic handle which gets tackier when wet. A new trouble-free spool release yields zero-maintenance performance, allowing the Animas to be ready for any fresh or saltwater excursion.
The frame is accented by a machined silhouette of the Colorado mountains in Ross Reels’ backyard. Its uniquely ported design and structural profile are eye-catching industry firsts. The two-tone drag knob sports an updated aesthetic with a lower profile and increased grip. An improved composite drag system delivers more power in an established Ross design used and loved by more than 80,000 fly anglers the world over.
Ross Animas Fly Reel Highlights:
- FULLY REDESIGNED FRAME & SPOOL GEOMETRY: Bell-shaped, Ultra-Large Arbor, Intricately machined details
- REDUCED WEIGHT & INCREASED STRENGTH
- MACHINED CANVAS PHENOLIC HANDLE
- TWO-TONE ALUMINUM ACCENTS
- MAINTENANCE-FREE SPOOL RELEASE
- IMPROVED DRAG: Composite-Disc Drag with Stainless Steel Interface, Time-proven design
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Width: 0.98″
- Diameter: 3.25″
- Weight: 4.1 oz
- Line weight: 4-5wt.
- Capacity: WF4+70, WF5+50
Check out this unboxing and review of the Ross Animas by Ken Tenaka of Wish4Fish.